Monday, December 5

My honest thoughts today!

Lord I sit here at home this morning burdened greatly by all that's going on around me. I run to you. Thank you for the hope I just read in Isaiah 59. V.9 says, "we hope for light and behold darkness, and for brightness, but we walk in gloom." I'm feeling that today. "We grope for the wall like the blind; we grope like those who have no eyes." God I can't see what's ahead. I worry and sit in fear. I confess that. V.15 is so full of hope. "The Lord saw it, and it displeased him that there was no justice. He saw that there was no man and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought him salvation, and his righteousness upheld him. He put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation on his head; he put on garments of vengeance for clothing and wrapped himself in zeal as a cloak." This is the Lord's covenant "My Spirit will come upon you." Lord I praise you for putting on zeal in such an extravagant way that hope might be brought to my life TODAY. I rest in this covenant! Praise you God!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I truly appreciate your feelings & thank-you for being so open & vulnerable. When life feels like it's crashing in, I try to remember what Vernon Mike told me while he was in Hannibal. (it's not a direct quote) Climb up into Jesus lap & let him put his arms around you & comfort & protect you. I try to visualize Jesus' lap to be big enough to hold me, like we hold a toddler. Then, I think,WOW!!, he's got a big lap:) No wise cracks please! How wonderful to be able to stand at his knee & pull on his robe & know he'll pick you up. Like Danielle trusts you when you throw her half-way to the moon:) Do the NEXT right thing in front of you & leave the rest to God! HE REALLY IS IN CONTROL!!! Keep talking & listening to HIM! Miss & love you all.