Saturday, September 13

Do all little girls HAVE to wear bows??

I have to admit, when I first found out I was pregnant, I decided that I would make a much better "boy mom" than "girl mom." For those of you who may not know my family background, growing up, I was the only daughter, sister, niece, and granddaughter on both of my family sides. Needless to say I played GI Joe and built forts when most girls were playing Barbies and dress up. I took pride in my bruises from climbing trees and dresses were only worn on Sundays because I HAD to. For one of my birthdays I even made my mom take back my little cabbage patch girl doll and get me a boy doll- little Emerson. :) Thus leads to my original statement about being a better "boy mom." So when we had our big ultrasound to find out what we were having, I kept looking and looking for something between the legs...but there wasn't anything. I was still very excited to hear that the baby was a girl, but knew that I would have alot of learning to do :). Fortunately, I am really close to my adorable niece and used her as my training ground. I became quite successful at playing tea party and even put on pretend make-up. The one thing that was yet to be determined in my mind was...will Mikail wear bows? I think that they are cute on other babies/ girls but am I up to putting them on Mikail. That, to me, is the ultimate little girl thing to do- and one that I HATED growing up. So for the last 7 months (the entirety of Mikail's life) I have been trying to pump myself up to be ready to use a bow when her hair was long enough. And today was that day...and she looked absolutely ADORABLE. Now the only thing that makes me sad is that it makes her look like a little girl, not a baby. Guess I'll have to get over that one too. Here are a couple of pics from today:




7 comments:

Mimi said...

I knew that under that "Tom boy" exterior was a woman who would enjoy the "girlie" thing of life. You are doing such a good job being a "girl mom". That little girl of yours is just too cute with those bows. Proud Mimi

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I'm so glad you took the ultimate "girlie" plunge!

amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

I can't believe how much she's changed since July. She does look so grown up...and girly! I love it. I miss you guys so much. Big kisses for Kails from her Aunt Aims. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I love the bow, she looks adorable, just wait for the pigtail stage, that is if you'll be up to doing that too.

Sarah said...

so, so, so cute!

Anonymous said...

These are still my favorite pictures of her...I have to look at them every time I visit your blog