Monday, September 29

I am going through the big "D" and don't mean Dallas

...NOT divorce...DISCIPLINE *sigh* Well, here we go... I FINALLY pulled out a book from our shelf, blew off the dust, and began reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp.

*In my best 6th grade bookreport voice.....

It's an awesome book on how to train up your child in a biblical, Christ centered way. It explains concise and realistic ways to impliment discipline in a way that personifies the Gospel and our submission to it. This book is so rich!* [haha I just had a flashback to the bookreporting days of standing in front of the class- so funny-although I don't think I would have used the word "personifies" back then]


Anyway...today, it finally hit me as I was reading the "when to discipline" that Mikail is ready for it. Several examples Tripp gave about disciplining young children all were rooted in rebellion and resisting directions. Mikail is definately and very openly in this stage of willful resisting- she "understands" but yet resists. Realizing this has created so many emotions as a mother. I love her and know that because of my love for her and even more important my love for Christ, she needs this but on a very selfish level, it would be very easy to just "overlook" her disobedience at the age...she's way to young to know right from wrong, right?....haha NO. So, the Kuntz family is getting ready to embark upon not just meeting our daughters needs through food and sleep ( which have been the most obvious needs thus far) but meeting the need of discpline. Pray pray pray...this is a toughy! :)

3 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

it was great to see you and finally meet miss Mikail. love your blog and hearing about your family. let's be blogger buds :)

Anonymous said...

good luck, you'll have to let me know how that book is

Amber said...

hey friend! you and dave are going to do GREAT! There is a book that I highly recommend that is put out by Sherpherds Press (the same people who published Sherperding a childs heart) It is called Dont Make Me Count To Three by Ginger Plowman. IT IS AWESOME. I tell people it is Shepherding a Childs heart for Moms. It is short and to the point and full of scriptures and questions to ask in certain situations etc. IT IS GREAT. anyway we love yall!