Thursday, August 7

Pray Pray Pray...

I just visited a friends blog and noticed one of her entries about a family whose daughter died this past weekend. Now that I am a mom, these things hurt more to read than before Mikail, but in the same way lead me to my knees in prayer quicker. I didn't know any details, but noticed a link directly to the blog of the family who lost their girl. I clicked on it. Almost immediately I began to cry because their page looked like it could have been mine, or any of my friends. The parents looked my age- the sadness I felt for them was becoming overwhelming. Prior to finding out details, I guess I half hoped (if you can even use that word) for the parent's sake that this little girl would have died from losing some sort of battle that would have allowed "time" to maybe help the parents cope with this reality before actually losing her. But their blog clearly didn't let on to the fact that this little girl had any health problems. I dug a little deeper and found out that this little 18 month old girl drowned last weekend at a lake. The tears began to flow harder. I am a very empathetic person (a blessing and a curse) and my mind immediately replayed everything they must be dealing with and how they had no clue that morning how their life would change. I am soo sad for them.
I guess my purpose for writing this was two-fold. The first is that for Dave and I, blogging gives us the opportunity to be real and raw on a regular basis- giving those who read this near and far a window into our lives. This is where I have been lately- burdened and sad for this family. I can't shake it. The second reason for the blog is for Prayer for this family. I keep putting myself in their shoes and know that I would embrace any and all prayers- even those from people I have never met. We get the opportunity to be a part of their healing story. Though we will never be mentioned by them, or even known, the Lord is allowing us to take part in their journey via prayer. Please pray for them.

1 comment:

jBrink said...

Thank you for sending out the word to pray. It is just so hard to believe. I did the same thing when I heard, I imagined what it would be like - and I couldn't take it. They are such nice people & to have this happen. It has made me treasure our guy even more and something as simple as blogging. I don't want to forget the little things.